People say youth is wasted on the young, I disagree. I believe wisdom is wasted on the old. All they can do is part with it, but very few will take it. Least of all, the people closest to you. They want no part of it.
Reymond Reddington; The Blacklist S03:E15
Don’t get married until you’re thirty. Play laser tag once a week. Give at least as many high fives as you get. Tea cup pigs are lady magnets, but very hard to care for, not worth the effort. The same goes for dogs and babies. And most importantly, whatever you do in this life – it’s not legendary unless your friends are there to see it.
By Barney Stinson, HIMYM, S09E17
10 reasons why I want to watch a rerun of HIMYM with you
- because you will appreciate great storytelling techniques
- because you will see that there is no situation that we cannot use a high five
- because it helps you appreciate the importance of great jokes
- because it will teach you the Bro Code
- because of the words of wisdom from Barney Stinson
- because you will understand #RelationshipGoals from Marshmallow and Lilypad
- because you will realize that there are things that you cannot control, so don’t take things for granted
- because you will soon find out that life has full of twists and turns
- because you will learn about life, friendship and relationships
- because you will have a guide to live a legendary life
Knzo is my 4 year old boy with full of life, wonder and promise. I spend as much quality time with him as I can as all fathers would.
I make every effort to turn each and every interaction deliberate, meaningful and a life experience for him.
There are many things I want him to learn from me, from mistakes to accomplishments, life lessons from books, movies and tv series covering any and all genres that add meaning to life – friendship, self-discovery, leadership, money matters and life itself.
I am noting all these things with the hopes that someday will help him live life to the fullest.
In the end, we want our kids to have it better than us.